What is Lung Cancer?
It is a disesase caused by uncontrolled cell division. Lungs are the orgas which are used for inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide from the body.
Lung cancer starts from airways (Bronchi) or small air sacs (Alveoli). Though after that it can spread to other organs.
What are the symptoms of Lung Cancer?
- Shortness of breathe
- Coughing up blood
- Loss of appetite
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Bone pain
- Trouble in breathing
The main risk factors for lung cancer
- History of lung cancer
- Passive smoking
- Being exposed to harmful substances
- “Vaping” does cause cancer too.
Types of Lungs Surgery:
- Lobectomy- In this surgery, surgeons remove one of the lobe out of 5 lobes. Though it preserves much lung function while removing the cancer cells. It’s the most common lung surgery.
- Pneumonectomy – In this surgery, the whole lung is removed, as sometimes more than 1 lobe of the lung is affected.
- Bilobectomy- This surgery is done when more lung tissues need to be removed. When a tumor spreads to two lobes next to each other.
- Wedge Section – A small amount of a lobe is removed, as it happens in the early stage of lung cancer.
Pulmonary Medicine is the medical specialty that focuses on diseases related to your lung and airways.At JP Hospital, our experienced lung specialists are geared to tackle all kinds of lung disease including allergy and Tuberculosis, Airway diseases, Lung malignancy interstitial Lung disease, Intensive Care & management & sleep related disorders. We have the best Pulmonary specialist.Though, JP Hospitals has best Lung Cancer doctor in Punjab.
In some instances, expertise extends to the cardiovascular system (Specially pulmonary vascular disease). Overall this department evaluates & treats your respiratory system to help your breath better.